miércoles, 9 de septiembre de 2020

Is it good value for money? (Intermediate level)


Do you know the expression 'good value for money'It means that something has a good price compared to it's quality (buena relación precio / calidad).

To start getting back into the swing of things (de vuelta a la rutina), we're going to have a look at contrasting connectors and a debate topic.



Here's a connector's map (like an underground map but with connectors) and I would like you to look at the orange line, the contrasting connectors:-


I'm going to give you some sentences with a gap and I would like you to fill them in with one of the connectors ( Whereas, otherwise, alternatively, nevertheless, conversely, although, instead of, however, on the other hand)

  1. I was looking for a white wedding dress ___________ my friends all thought that was too traditional.
  2. You could look for a job at a hospital or ______________ you could also work at a chemist.
  3. I would prefer a face to face class ___________ an online class.
  4. I think this car is very fast but _____________ it's not very good value for money.
  5. I will have to pay the tax office _____________ they are going to fine me.
  6. I think that globalization could be very positive for people to find new jobs _____________ others see it as an invasion.
Let's move onto the debate topic:-

Here's a debate question related to this expression and I would like you to try to answer this question using some vocabulary and the connectors we saw before:-

Some people say thayt the quality of a product is more important. Others say that the price of a product is more important. Which statement do you agree with and why?

On the following worksheet in section B you can find the vocabulary I would like you to use in your answer:-


Feel free to write your answers in the comments below!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Is investing in renewable energies the road to better?

 Is investing in renewable energies the road to better? Ford have recently released their top six reasons to invest in renewable energy:- Do...